Wednesday, August 10, 2016

[Top 5 Wednesdays] #8 - Painstaking Dungeons/Events to Farm

Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday!

Eternity is in NA is an event where people are having trouble with. Whether it is being one-drop only, don't have the OP monsters for it or that Emerald Goldfish is not dropping, players are showing that gamer rage.

This week, I'll be listing the 5 events that cause my gamer rage to over 9000!!! I will exclude the Eternity event from the list but to be honest, it is not that bad for me. These are also the dungeons/events that I actually have to farm extensively to reach a goal other than for materials so playing Izanami X amount of times for Avalon materials won't make the cut.

#5 - Dream Sharl Hatcher (Cthulhu / Lilim / Zuo Ci)


For people who have farmed Dream Sharls for Alexander would know the amount of Dream Sharl farming that it takes to ML him. Do you know what is worst? Doing the same thing for 3 of them!

This was before they give you a guarantee one of the 3 every 10-shot like in Mist. So you are shooting the upwards of 2000 Sharls just to complete a ML of all 3. The worst part is when you are done 2 of them and the hatcher will not give you the 3rd one at all!

 #4 - Destoryah


The #4 spot is the current Extreme dungeon Destroyah for the Godzilla x Evagelion Collaboration. Boy is this dungeon hard. It is so hard that if I don't have Pierce NGB monsters on my friend selection, I stop my farming. 

To top it all off, even if I have the right friend monsters, you can still not get Speed Clear because you spend so many turns avoiding his giant lasers. The worst thing for me is that it is a dungeon where it takes a lot of time to complete. I usually average around 7 minutes per run on an Extreme dungeon, this dungeon takes me 9 minutes!

#3 - Cybele


Cybele takes the #3 spot. The format of the dungeon is the same as Princess Sakuya where you have an Extreme and then an EXTRA stage following it. Of course drops are not guaranteed so you can spend a lot of time for 0 drops.

I chose Cybele over Princess Sakuya just for the annoying dungeon. This event introduces the Magic Circle where if your monsters step on it, they will turn into Chicks. Being chicks will decrease your ATK stat, Bump Combo power, and you can't use your SS. Add in Revive from the Boss and Ability Lock mobs makes this rage inducing!

#2 - Tokugawa Yoshimune


#2 is a trip down memory lane for me. This was a dungeon where I actually rage quit in max lucking. Back in the early days of my JP account (December 2014), Yoshimune came for the first time for a limited time. Having no ML at the time, I thought this was the perfect time/event to get my very first one.

The number of times this dungeon came up was very limited and I miss half of it due to timezone differences. Plus I couldn't get a consistent clear at the time because I was a noob and with no ML to get more drops. Hosting for other players who have ML didn't help as well since we often die more than win. After Day 2 out of 3, I called it quits where she ended off being at Luck 60. Fast forward to May 2016, I finally finished her!

#1 - Muramasa

  
Oh voucher farming, how players hate you. You hardly drop any vouchers and you never drop the rarest one! 

However, Muramasa didn't get the top spot just because of the format and bad drops. It got the top spot for the dungeon. I point all my rage for this event for the Skull hazard on the drones. Depending on the position of the Skull, there will be a different hazard which are Damage Walls, Ability Lock, Reviver, and Summon. The worst part is that they are totally random! You can totally get a terrible set of drones that can basically kill your team or at least hinder your clear speed. Also the low Speed Clear requirement makes it hard for full ML teams to get that extra chest. 

How Was It?


What dungeons/events gets your gamer rage pumping? Although Monster Strike is full of these dungeons but the satisfaction of finishing that ML or getting that Dark Muramasa is totally worth it!

Leave comments on what I should list for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment