Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Future of SFGundam

On October 2014, Monster Strike came out in North America. I was a mobile gamer at the time and have heard about the game when it was popular in Japan. Technically, I played the JP version before but eventually quit since no one around me played the game to Co-op with me. Since the game came out in NA, lot of English players jumped in on the action and I met a lot of friends.

November 17, 2014, I started my Youtube channel because not a lot of Western players knew how to play the game. Being a person who can understand the Japanese language, I can teach people from the things I learn on JP sites and videos.

So it has been over a year and a half since I did Guides, Let's Plays and translations through different platforms (Youtube, Official Forums, Strikeshot.net, this very Blog, etc.). I think it is time for a change.

My Current Mindset


I've seen how the Game evolved over the years and I had to adapt the way I do my videos. Before I just did whatever new dungeon was currently available since those were the only dungeons the game had. If you track back, I even did runs of Savage level dungeons. I also uploaded my losses or fails up. Now I would just redo it.

I also take in feedback from the community as well. I know I am not the funniest person on Youtube nor am I the best player of Monster Strike (even within NA players). Of course those two things (and many more) keep me from being more popular. 

Therefore I want to change how I present my content to the audience. Although a lot of things need to change so I will take it one step at a time.

The first step is to set up a schedule for my content. On my Youtube Channel as well as this Blog, I will have videos for certain days of the week. 

The Schedule


Monday - Impossible Mondays (Youtube)
Pretty self explanatory. Every Monday will have an Impossible run. I'll try to use different monsters in the dungeons so it won't get stale after a few months. I'll try monsters that in theory will work but no one really brings in practice because there are better monsters out there. For an example, check my run of Yamato Takeru with Asc Beelzebub and Evo Harley.

I will also bring newer monsters to test their limits in one of the hardest set of dungeons.

Wednesday - Top 5 Wednesdays (Blog)
Everyone likes rankings and tier lists. They want to know who is better and who is at the bottom of the barrel. However, don't look forward to be finding that here. This Blog Series will rank monsters and other Monster Strike related material in obscure lists.

Here is a snippet of when I tried doing this months ago. The list was "Top 5 Monsters You Once Used"

Number 3 - Shield Breakers

For the people who played the game since day 1, you know where I am getting at. We brought these monsters even in Extreme dungeons like Origa and Rex just so that our other monsters can deal damage to them. And don't remind me of the pain of adjusting turns so that it is their turn when you enter a new stage. The most popular ones were Galahad and Jupiter because they were pierce monsters.

Now that there are more ways to deal damage to monsters with bump combos and strike shots, shields are just there to be there. There are even strike shots that breaks shields. 

Thursday - Challenge Thursdays (Youtube)
Watch my brain go haywire as I try to do crazy challenges in dungeons. This could be bringing Expies into dungeons or doing the Oragon Challenge. I have a lot of different challenges thought up but don't want to spoil it yet. If you have any challenges you want to see, be sure to tell me about it!

This might be the only Series you will see a lot of fail videos on my channel.

Saturday - Monster of the Week (Youtube)
My current ongoing series on my channel. Nothing will change besides the fact that it will be on a set date. Of course give me suggestions on what to do next!

Sunday - Random MS Talk (Youtube)
This will also not change. It will still be a 1 hour video of me talking about Monster Strike while I farm a specific dungeon. 

Wait! What About Your Normal Walkthroughs?


Don't worry, they won't be gone. The new format is there so that my viewers will have something to look forward to on certain days. My normal dungeon clears of new Extremes will be up when they will be up.

As for Impossibles, I will also upload them outside of Monday. For example, if a new Impossible is out on Friday, you won't have to wait until Monday to see the video. Especially with NA having new Impossible dungeons out on consecutive days, it is best to get the video out ASAP so that viewers know the strategies.

Last Words


This is a major change for me since I usually want to be flexible. Granted that this new schedule is pretty flexible, I could have make it so that I have something out every day. Like I said, this is just one step of improving at what I do. I'll test the waters out for now and see the feedback.

I know I should create another series for the Blog but can't really think of something that I can do on a weekly. Plus there is always the JP Monster Strike News up on Fridays even though it will not always be up weekly.

Finally if you have anything ideas on what I should do in the future as well as in my different series, be sure to comment where I can see them! The Schedule will be in effect on Monday June 20, 2016 with Impossible Mondays. Also all videos will be available at midnight EST on their respective days.  

2 comments:

  1. I always find your channel helpful and entertaining. Glad to hear that you finally put on some sort of schedule

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news. Good luck on these next fewweeks and hope everything goes exactly how you plan!

    ReplyDelete